Friday, June 6, 2008

Graduation.

Its weird. I've been dating my girlfriend since the eighth grade, and now she's about to walk across the stage and get her diploma. It all just went by too fast.

I remember like it was yesterday: fidgeting around her, not eating for two days before I asked her out because I was so nervous, the drama I had to take to keep her, our first Christmas, our first kiss (which, by the way, was the first ever for both of us), talking on the phone for six hours at a time, her nervousness on stage at her dance recital, the promise ring I gave her, our first dance, our first prom, chop house 47.....

and on and on and on....

just like yesterday.

like a dream you never forget, even when you've woken up.

And now she's graduating, and I couldn't be more proud. I got her the sweetest gift, but I won't say it in a public blog which she apparently reads :] .

I love her, and it all just went by too fast.

No comments: